Tuesday, February 25, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...WELCOME TO FEBRUARY

Sometimes TALKING is all you need to feel better about a situation. Then at other times it does not help at all. I am learning that many times it is the motive behind the TALKING. I will admit, yesterday I probably just wanted sympathy to sooth my crushed feelings. Although I received it, I also had to receive what I did not wish to hear...that I should turn the other cheek and call my mother back because after all she is getting old and changing. Yesterday I did not want to hear that at all. Because I have a WWJD thing going on...I had to do some soul searching. Although I wanted to give her a break for a day or 2,(for my benefit of course)...it is really more humbling to call her back. So today I did...twice...and she  did not pick up. I am not gloating...but I do know that I feel free. Especially since I did not wallow in self pity. When you forgive someone and move on...it feels great! So silly to be hurt because she does not get it that my phone system is not perfect. Why she takes it personal I don't know...but for me it was one too many straws that had been heaped upon me by her and it definitely broke the camels back. I know she will say she did not pick up my call because I hung up on her...but honestly I didn't. I walked away. Call it self preservation of my feelings and the fact that I did not want to say something I know would be very wrong. TALKING really does help when we do it for the right reasons. If you feel like you should be TALKING to someone about a problem you may have...find a confidant...it just might help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment