Saturday, February 8, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...WELCOME TO FEBRUARY

We have all experienced DISAPPOINTMENT at one time or another. My latest was today. I will admit for five minutes the DISAPPOINTMENT was almost too much...that is until I realized it was something I did not need to begin with, for 2 reasons...1 I already have one, and 2 it took my eyes off my original plan. I had prayed about it to make sure I wasn't buying it just because it was something I thought I wanted. However I prayed after the fact. After my initial DISAPPOINTMENT I realized not only was it not something God wanted me to do, but that satan can cause us to get off track. Kind of the lust of the eye thing. I am perfectly satisfied with the one I already have and there was no need to have another. Not even to use it the way I wanted. God wants me to stick to the plan because He wants much more for me. One of my friends told me to "Think Bigger!" Joel Osteen says "Dream Bigger!" Joyce Meyer says that we should "Ask Bigger!" I can! So back to the original plan. Of course it may take longer but who knows...all things are possible with God! I know now though...I will be so much more satisfied with that item than my impulse buy. DISAPPOINTMENT can be good, especially when you really desire God's very best for you. I do not have to worry because I know all things work together for my good...even my DISAPPOINTMENTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment