Wednesday, April 16, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...APRIL...A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!

A close friend asked me today why I had not CHECKED on him in months. I took responsibility and apologised. I did explain that I was certain he was just enjoying his family but said I had no excuse. People have always CHECKED on me and I have been very grateful for that...however I have never been good at being the one that CHECKED on others. I have always felt, in many ways insecure about that. I feel like I am intruding on the lives of friends or family, not to mention the fact that when they have CHECKED on me...I know they really want to communicate with me. Insecure yes but also...I see now...that this has been a habit filled with selfishness although not on purpose. I tend to get all caught up in my own little world as well as that fear of rejection. It never occurred to me that I could make someone else feel loved, or treasured, to let them know I am thinking about them or praying for them. Very big oversight on my part. Those that have CHECKED on me...I appreciate you! If I have not CHECKED on you...I am very sorry and will try to do better...by Gods grace,(which I did start a few days ago.) Sometimes...many times we have to step out of comfort zone and go above and beyond to uplift someone else. Have you CHECKED on anyone lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment