Saturday, July 12, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...WOW ITS JULY!

Life can feel like a RACE, for some, a rat RACE, for others a marathon RACE, or perhaps even a triathlon. Just like the cyclists in the Tour De France, we hit cobblestones, stormy weather, and hills that feel unending. In my RACE I am beginning to feel like someone keeps moving the finish line. I am a great starter, I can start projects and tasks with gusto, but just like in a marathon or triathlon, my legs start to give out and my stamina drops just past the midway point. There are more hills in this RACE than I anticipated. Or the were a bit steeper that I imagined. I have even stumbled and almost fallen down a time or two. Still I RACE on...with the finish line and my prize nowhere in site. There comes a point when I realize there is no training for this RACE, however God's grace is sufficient...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Even when my hills feel more like mountains and my RACE appears to have no end, I know God has a plan. All things work together for my good. The quickest way to a point is straight ahead but what road do you know that doesn't have curves. Eventually, even with detours, I will get where I am supposed to be. Jeff Galloway says it well..."The marathon is a competition between your will and your possibilities."










No comments:

Post a Comment