Friday, June 13, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...JUNE IS IN FULL BLOOM!

Today is Friday the 13th, a day that many people can not even leave the house for fear that something bad will happen. I have never been SUPERSTITIOUS when the 13th lands on a Friday. I really didn't pay it any attention, to put the two together, until I saw it on the news. I do recall many years ago when I would purchase a certain Horoscope magazine that I do not even recall the name of now. Although I did not believe in such things, this one was very intriguing. I continued to purchase it for several months after that and after a while I would read it before I even got out of bed. That's how the devil is sometimes...he is subtle but cunning. He will take something you wouldn't normally get caught up in and make it look enticing and seduce you into thinking its okay when its not. God began dealing with me to put it down and stop buying them and believe me I tried. Somehow it seemed that I had become addicted to this 11 x 9 inch magazine that only had a few pages for each of the zodiac signs. One day I went to purchase the magazine for the next month and it wasn't there, in fact it wasn't anywhere. At first I will admit I was frantic! That month God delivered me from not being able to get out of bed and live the life He intended for me live. I was young but even then I sensed it probably wasn't a good idea to get so wrapped up it things of that nature. So maybe, like me you could care less when the 13th falls on a Friday...just beware that there could be many other things that we could be SUPERSTITIOUS about that do not give glory to God.



No comments:

Post a Comment