Wednesday, June 4, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...JUNE IS IN FULL BLOOM!

This morning, watching Joyce Meyer, I learned a lot about IDLE words. I had heard this teaching before and being that it is Viewers Choice Week, I guess I wasn't the only one who needed to hear it again. I am reading "Making Good Habits, Breaking Bad Habits," I am of course stuck in the 1st few pages because there is a lot to think about. One thing about the books written by Joyce Meyer...they all require action! One of the chapters (I don't know which one because I have not read that far yet) is the habit of thinking right and speaking right. Proverbs 18:20-21 says (20) From the fruit of their mouth a person's stomach is filled; (21) The tongue has the power of life and death. (NIV) Our IDLE words can not only cut others like a two edged sword, but we can also cripple ourselves and undermine our own prayers. I am learning to speak what I know...what God's word says...and not what I feel. In any given day I may feel a hundred different emotions. I also do not have to let what comes into my head, come out of my mouth. JM Ministries showed a hypothetical reenactment after the teaching that showed a mother interacting with her sons, her husband, and everyday life. She was becoming very overwhelmed as we often do. her solution was to put Post It Notes with scriptures and correct words on them. Like her, i might have needed an amazing amount of Post Its so I began making a list. Beware of your IDLE words, begin with those you speak to and about yourself. If no one encourages you, encourage yourself and life yourself up! This is what the word calls "The Power Of Positive Thinking." Ripped straight out of the Bible...this is Godly Thinking!



No comments:

Post a Comment