Friday, September 12, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...WELCOME TO SEPTEMBER!

I was thinking about PERCEPTION today. How much of our lives are based on PERCEPTION...how we perceive things. When I first brought Bailey home he was small and since I did not have the funds yet to purchase a very nice habitat for him. I kept him for a month in a very large storage bin. Because he was small he could not even jump out...or perhaps at that young age he did not realize he had the power to jump out. I am sure that Baileys PERCEPTION of the world was very small. That was home to him...he had his shelter to hid under, his food, water, and blanket. He was happy and so was I because it gave me a chance to save up and buy him a really large habitat that he would be able to grow up in. Then one day he stood up and peeked over the side. He realized that his PERCEPTION of the world was wrong...indeed there was more! After that I had to lay the pet gate over the top and within a few days I laid one of my weights on top to keep him in. His whole PERCEPTION of the world had changed and he wanted to be a part of it. I had always let him out to play in one room which was blocked off with the gate to keep him in. Then one day I let him run around in another room as well and getting him to stay in the first was all but impossible. Bailey is bigger now, he has his super large house which he had to "grow" into and even there he had to learn there was a second floor he could jump up to...once he did that he was even more happy. Now Bailey is a true "House Bunny" and has the run of the front of the house his whole PERCEPTION of his world has changed. As Christians our whole PERCEPTION of things can be or become clouded. Our PERCEPTION of this world should come from the Bible. No matter what we see or what goes on around us...we need to focus on Gods word. Everything we need to know is in there. If we have the PERCEPTION  that our problems can not be solved...the word will tell us otherwise. If our PERCEPTION of our molehills is that they are more like mountains...they will be. What is your PERCEPTION of the things in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment