Saturday, August 23, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...AUGUST IS WINDING DOWN!

If you have never read the book of REVELATION in the Bible, maybe you should. I started reading it again, but got sidetracked by small print. I had my eyes on one with larger print...God forbid...smiles, but the one I had chosen wasn't there anymore. More on that another time. For those who believe there is no God or that the Bible is just a great story...if you only read REVELATION you will realize time is winding down. Doesn't matter if Jesus does not return for 500 more years...time is passing so quickly that it will feel like 50. Every time I blink it is Friday again. Often it feels like the 5 day week is flying by quicker than the 2 day weekend. A few years ago I thought it was my imagination but now I can tell that its not. But back to the Bible and REVELATION. When I was young I looked at it as a scary book to be avoided. Then I started it but didn't finish it. It was not until the church I attended at the time did an extensive study on it, did I learn the depth of REVELATION. For those of us who are followers of Christ, it is a book of hope. We do not know what the future holds but our Lord Jesus Christ who is the Alpha and the Omega...the beginning and the end...knows. God gave us insight of the future to give us hope...for us...death is not the end but the beginning of a "life" more amazing than we ever could have imagined. Of course those who don't know Him will have an eternal life as well, sadly it will be way too late to have a change of heart. Did you know the Bible says there is a special blessing on those who read REVELATION? If you haven't read REVELATION do it as soon as you are able to set time aside for a few days until you finish it. I watch the news daily, often too much. There is so much grief and disaster all over the world, that it can be  disheartening but by faith I already know there is a happy ending. I will reread REVELATION again before December 31st by God's grace. I want that blessing to be a part of my journey. Stay blessed!





No comments:

Post a Comment