Saturday, August 2, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...WELCOME TO AUGUST!

Today has been a lovely day. Although a few seconds after I typed that the enemy tried to disturb my peace...smiles. I won't allow that to happen. okay enough of that. 

I don't put much emphasis on OUTWARD appearance usually. After all it is the inner man (and woman) that matters most. But lets face it...how we look outwardly is what people see first. We all have our own unique look and that's a beautiful thing. Most people just need to put on a smile and there would be little need for makeup. I see way too many scowling, sour, and angry faces. Back to makeup. My personal choice is the more natural look. Some eye makeup minus the eye shadow, and some lip gloss in a neutral shade. When I was younger my mother always fussed at me for wearing what she thought was black lip gloss. Sure it looked black but it was actually a very very deep dark purple. I was an adult so of coarse I did not stop wearing it and besides I always got so many compliments so how bad could it be. My mothers choice of lip color was a coral orange and trust me...I would rather where the black...to each their own...smiles. Yesterday I was trying to figure out my style in clothing and I must say, I still don't know but I will work on that in the next few months. Today was play in makeup day. Mainly eye makeup choices. I do not expect any major changes but I do believe I could use some pointers in this area. Mascara, which many women can't live without, is something I have only experimented with now and then. It reaches the expiration date long before it gets used. I think I have finally solved the issues I have with it. I feel it and I don't like that. I forget its mascara and mess with it. A trick I learned a couple months ago but never tried until I saw it again today...use a business card behind your lashes and then apply. Works wonders! Maybe tomorrow I will experiment with hairstyles. Then I will have the whole OUTWARD appearance thing out of my system. Monday I will be back in deeper touch with my inner woman when I start the Joyce Meyer U teaching series for the month of August. You can sign up at joycemeyer.org if you like to be a part of this wonderful opportunity. I know it is only day 2 of this month but I have completed the 2nd day of my 31 day exercise commitment. So have fun on occasion, with your OUTWARD appearance. Just remember that we are all beautiful (and handsome) no matter what your ethnicity, body type, social status, or age. Embrace the beautiful you...see yourself the way your creator sees you. We are His masterpieces! 












No comments:

Post a Comment