Saturday, August 9, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...WELCOME TO AUGUST!

It was not until today that I understood the full scope of what could have happened to me yesterday. The 30% chance of rain had turned into tornado warnings and sever thunderstorm warnings. It it became pitch black like night time I knew it was not a good sign but still I did not think of the severity. I will admit my eyes were closed as I ran across the parking lot. I couldn't see anyway because there was way too much rain and it was lightening so much and the thunder was deafening that I was terrified when I had my eyes open. Whenever I opened my eyes a slit the two girls were still in front of me and that is all that mattered to me. I worried about them carrying a lightening rod for protection (the umbrella). Many people lost electric power and so many trees fell leaving some homeless and others with gaping holes in their roofs and all the water pouring in ruining everything. At that moment...running across the parking lot, I understood the meaning of the phrase "cloud burst" and it was bad. Tonight we are having a mini repeat. I am just happy to be indoors. Now, just like yesterday, it is returning for round 2. I am feeling very very FORTUNATE. I thank God once again, for the safety I had yesterday. Tonight I reassure myself that if God can protect me outside in the midst of the storm, I know He can protect me inside. May God bless you and keep watch over us all in Jesus Name Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment