Sunday, August 3, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...WELCOME TO AUGUST!

I can't seem to help myself...I am in good company however. All over the world like minded people are biting their nails, pacing, sweating the mail carrier, and checking online. Once the end of July arrives we eagerly wait for the first couple days of August and the announcement of the release of the brand new yearly IKEA catalog! Smiles. You may be laughing by now but this is serious business. The IKEA catalog come out only once a year and the avid followers of IKEA (me included) sweat it out until it is in our hands. Even my daughter said she is jealous because I always get my catalog before she does. Probably due to the fact that she is an hour away from her "local" IKEA. Don't fret though. She will drive and get hers all because she can't wait for it to show up in her post box. If you think all this hoopla is hype...check online. Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, Google Images, and Twitter...not to mention an awesome site I discovered for IKEA hackers. This is a whole community of people who turn their IKEA furniture into unconventional things, thus hacking. This covers everything from tables hung as lighting above the dining room table, rugs on the wall, and dressers or bookshelves in the kitchen! The fascinating thing is, 99.99% of it works! We all have our own special way of looking a our new treasure...I savor my own...like a good meal, I take my time. Since early afternoon I have only reached page 36...smiles. I am sure IKEA catalogs will show up everywhere in the next week or so. From the bedroom, the bathroom, to the boardroom. What's in your briefcase this week....IKEA? By the way...Yes there is an app for that! It allows you to do some really amazing things including seeing how the furniture will look in your home. If you live near an IKEA and haven't been, I suggest you check it out. If nothing else you can get a free meal when you sign up for the IKEA catalog  (get the catalog) and download the coupon for a free entree. (up to $5.99 value) IKEA has been around since the 1940's (who knew!) and the stores are located all over the world. Going to IKEA is like a "staycation"! Its an experience! When you go have fun, have lunch, and have a vehicle to bring your treasures home in. Believe me, even the plants are cute. :- )

Facebook
facebook.com/IKEAUSA

Pinterest
pinterest.com/IKEAUSA

Twitter
twitter.com/DesignByIKEA

IKEA Share Space
theshare-space.com






No comments:

Post a Comment