Tuesday, August 19, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...AUGUST IS HALFWAY GONE!

Last night I FAILED the "Love thy neighbor" test. I tried I really did...but a 2 year old running...oops...stomping around above your head sounding like he weighs as much as a 10 year old is not a good thing. Especially since I could not sleep to begin with and had just dropped off. Jerked awake by stomping, I tried to have patience, understanding, and I even prayed a desperate prayer. It didn't work and I eventually caved and got angry. I did draw the line at going ballistic though...smiles. Of course you know what this mornings Bible study teaching was about...anger, gossip, strife, etc. all being a sin. Of course I knew that. I didn't deny what I was feeling but I did repent before I went to sleep finally and again this morning. Part of it is the enemy knows just how to push our buttons and everything else he tried yesterday didn't work so he pulled out his trump card...and of course...it worked. The other thing is God will test us again...just to make sure we get it right every time. Although I may have FAILED, I am not a failure. I know I will have other opportunities to take this test again. Maybe even tonight since my neighbor got up at 11.45 am and I woke up at 6.15 am after about 5 hours of sleep. Sure proves that life is not fair...smiles. Tonight I will do better...much better...even if I have to go back to sleeping with headphones in my ears again. On to more of life's lessons. I pray I don't have to stamp too many more FAILED...in Jesus Name Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment