Monday, August 4, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...WELCOME TO AUGUST!

There are times when God simply amazes me! On Friday I was vacuuming in the front of my house when suddenly I turned it off and paused. I had the noonday news on in the back although I was not watching it. I heard the word pharmacy and went to look at the news report. At the same time I knew I had no interest in it whatsoever. As soon as I walked into the room they interviewed two of the pharmacy patrons and lo and behold who did they interview first but my friend who I had been very concerned about since I last heard from her in February! I could have jumped for joy! I was definitely praising God! But wait...it gets better. On Sunday I received a phone call and because its usually someone trying to sell me windows I did not pick the call. It was nagging at me when I noticed something that seemed both impossible and improbable. There was also a voice mail! I was once again AMAZED to hear my friends voice! I called her immediately and we were both AMAZED after I told her my story and she told me her story of how someone had stolen her phone while she suffered a medical condition. The man was later arrested and sent to jail. When he was released not long ago he felt guilty and found her and returned her phone! Once again she had my number and had called me and she was AMAZED that I had called her right back! God had answered both of our prayers! We are as close as sisters and now we vow not to lose each other again! I once had someone tell me that I should never be AMAZED at what God can do. The Bible says we are to come as little children. (Matthew 18:3) A child would be AMAZED! I know I was. It wasn't luck that led me to go and look at the TV and it sure wasn't luck that led a petty thief to return something he had stolen. It was God and He works in mysterious ways! The definition of AMAZED means to surprise (someone) greatly; fill with astonishment. I will always be AMAZED!








No comments:

Post a Comment