Wednesday, March 12, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...HELLO MARCH!

We all know that the Bible says that we are to love our NEIGHBOR as we love ourselves...but have you ever felt your NEIGHBOR may have been part of a test you need to pass? Every single NEIGHBOR I have had has tested my patience, my emotions, and everything in between. This time I am determined to pass because really, I can not take another noisy or nosy NEIGHBOR! I thought when a family moved in things would at last be wonderful....ahhh but no...they have almost burned down our building... but not exactly their fault since it was their vehicle that caught on fire...albeit right by my window...and who knew that they would let their toddler and his mother by the way...sleep all day and come alive at precisely between 11.30 pm and midnight so he would be up to play with dad after work (at first I felt this so touching). They are quiet as church mice all day...except if I am trying to do something that requires silence and then they are stomping, running, and worst of all I swear the baby plays with...not just his bumble ball (remember those things? Who even knew they still made them)...but he also plays with what sounds like a full sized jackhammer which shakes...yes shakes the whole building. I have had a NEIGHBOR who threw himself on the floor constantly...he had issues so I tried to be at peace...one who jumped so hard it was bowing the ceiling so I moved everything in case it fell in...one who washed and dried clothes literally all day and all night and when she wasn't doing that her abusive boyfriend was fighting with her...he didn't live there so when he wasn't there she would cry and listen to 3 R&B songs over and over until he returned...and then they would fight. I have had the thief NEIGHBOR who was also nosy and stayed glued to my door...and who would expect a senior citizen to do such a thing...although after another incident I realized you have to watch out for old people...they are good at what they do when they are doing wrong...but that's another story. I have had the 40 year old NEIGHBOR with the 20 year old girlfriend who was abusive to him and all my family photos would fall on the floor...frames intact...from them bumping the walls. Kudos to him for never hitting her back! Now you may wonder why I didn't just move...but I did...this occurred in different locations. Whatever it is I need to learn about loving my NEIGHBOR...this time I am going to love them so much they will wonder why they are so blessed! Every time when I might be angry I pray that God will bless them. Not at all easy when I really feel like taking the advice of several friends who suggest I report them (but they have a baby), pray them away like I did washer woman (but they have a baby), knock on their door or leave a note (but they might do me bodily harm lol), or take the broom and hit the ceiling (totally bad idea because they might just get louder)...all friendly advice from friends. No! I will love my NEIGHBOR as myself...and maybe then...they will just move...I pray so... but really who knows what (or who) lurks at the rental office next.

No comments:

Post a Comment