Saturday, March 22, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...HELLO MARCH!

There are things in life that make you look at yourself from someone elses point of view and you say whoa...this has got to CHANGE! That was me today. I confess that I am not really good about doing laundry. It is not the laundry itself, because of course I want to have my favorite things clean always. No the problem is that the enemy has always used my fear of certain things against me. I am afraid of basements...ok terrified...my grandfather's fault totally! Therefore where the washer and dryer were in the basement of my house...I bolted the door shut and stopped going down there. I even paid someone $10...yes 10 dollars...to flip the switch on the breaker box. Thank God that is finished. Then there various neighbourhood laundromats that were questionable. Then there was the laundry facility that I went to that really was great until I was the first one to go in after it had been burglarized and trashed and holes were punched in the 2 doors inside and various other things. Funny though...I wasn't afraid at that moment...fear came later. So it not the laundry but the circumstances surrounding my fear. That has got to CHANGE! God has not given me a spirit of fear! I even saw a news segment today where the reporter said she faced her fear of heights by going up in a hot air balloon. She was way above the clouds. Now I will not say I will do that...smiles...but surely I can get past some of the other fears and phobias I have. Who knew that my grandfathers teasing and ghost stories about basements would cause a fear that if I allowed it...would last a lifetime. Not! A CHANGE has come! I will not allow this to rule over me...with God all things are possible! This is what my 365 day journey is all about...CHANGE...allowing God to CHANGE the things in me that just "gotta" go!

No comments:

Post a Comment