Sunday, March 16, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...HELLO MARCH!

Did you know you can retrain your brain to make HEALTHY choices when it comes to food? Like anything else in life we have to stop saying..."we don't like this or we don't like that," or the worst offender..."that's nasty!" I went from eating no veggies whatsoever a couple years ago, to basically eating all vegetables. As an adult I learned it wasn't the vegetable per say, that I didn't like...it was the way it was prepared. Gone are the days of dumping a bag of veggies in a large pot of boiling water and cooking them to mush. By the time you do that there is not one HEALTHY thing left in them. Canned vegetables should be outlawed...just my opinion. The sodium content is ridiculous! Many things we don't like don't even have a strong taste or any taste at all. I thought I would never be able to switch to the HEALTHY Greek yogurt when I really craved Yoplait Whips...but I did. I am not fond of fruit but if I throw it in a smoothie with Greek yogurt and some other HEALTHY goodies...I am happy to enjoy fruits of many different kinds. Rethink your food choices and start retraining your brain to make HEALTHY choices...hide spinach in that occasional mac and cheese (Its really good) bake your french fries and give up that fried chicken! You can bake/fry your chicken in the oven or the skillet with just a tablespoon of coconut oil and a lid. The lid lets the steam do the cooking and it really is quick...and very HEALTHY! Last but not least, limit your sugar consumption...if I can put less sugar in my coffee anyone can...smiles. Drink no sugar added natural juices and add carbonated water if you really crave the burn of soda. Think HEALTH, eat HEALTHY, be HEALTHY! We really are what we eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment