Saturday, March 29, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...MARCH IS IN THE REARVIEW!

Today I did something very unusual for me. Usually I am perfectly okay with staying indoors...especially when its raining. The weather report kept saying 90% rain until late afternoon but everytime I looked OUTSIDE it was sunny. Then after getting ready to go OUTSIDE...it would get very very cloudy and rain. I don't know why I wanted to go OUTSIDE so badly. Bailey needed hay and if I didn't go today, I would surely have to go tomorrow...and that was stretching it. I wrestled with this all day until finally at 5.12 pm I made up my mind to go OUTSIDE. I hurried and finished getting ready and flew out the door. As soon as I was OUTSIDE I felt a sense of relief, a sense of accomplishment...maybe because I had heard a still small inner voice telling me earlier in the day..."why put off until tomorrow, what you can do today." Was it perfect weather OUTSIDE? No...not even close. I was not dressed warm enough for the high winds, especially when the black clouds came and blotted out the sun and doused what bit of warmth that there was. Whether it was that still small voice, Baileys lack of enough hay, my desire for lettuce (salad)...which I didn't eat, or my desire to walk off the 2 pounds that I had gained...I felt great I felt empowered and the fresh air was invigorating! Maybe being OUTSIDE isn't so bad afterall.

My mother used to have to literally force me to go OUTSIDE! I was always in my room with my nose buried in a book...or writing short stories. For me this is progress...a giant step! 

No comments:

Post a Comment