Friday, May 16, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...MAY...HALFWAY GONE!

Today was an emotional day for me...I do not do well with change...or at least I didn't until a few years ago when I learned an important fact...change is inevitable! It is also healthy. Who really wants to be stuck in a rut, comfortable or not? Not me! I have learned to embrace change, however it is very inconceivable to me that BARBARA WALTERS will not be on television. She has been on TV my entire life! The funny thing is I didn't watch late night TV, so I never saw any of her 29 (now 30) appearances on The Late Show. I rarely watched her specials before the award shows. I think I saw maybe 2 complete shows and bits and pieces of others if there was someone that caught my ears. Maybe because I have never been "into" stars. I did not watch the news, it has only been the past few years that I have become obsessed with it...smiles. BARBARA WALTERS is an icon...I can't imagine TV without her. Perhaps it is because I bought into the hype, after all I had not watched the view in years, but once I learned that BARBARA WALTERS was retiring and leaving the show, I watched it every single day that I was able, for the past few months. All leading up to today...the last day of BARBARA WALTERS. I never realized or appreciated her legacy as much as I have this week. There are many people, some good, some bad, and some great, who have, and who will leave their mark in the world. People who we will know they existed. What legacy will I leave for God when He calls me home? What legacy will you leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment