Monday, May 19, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...MAY...HALFWAY GONE!

There is an old saying..."You don't miss what you never had." That is true to an extent, however in America everything is in your face. Of course it is that way in other countries as well. Products, electronics, even foods that are advertised are not available to everyone. I believe much of the crime today is based on LUST. People see, then people want. I stopped looking at store ads long ago because I always see what I don't need but suddenly want. Now if I glance at them now and again it has not effect on me. The Bible talks about the LUST of the eye and the LUST of the flesh. Mix LUST, coveting, and jealousy all together and what do you get? Criminals committing crimes. I am justifying their actions one bit. It does take a strong person though, to not live above your means and to be grateful for what you have. We tend to forget about those that have less and focus on those who have more. No matter how little you may have, there is always someone somewhere with less. It is great to have goals and dreams...just remember to be grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment