Thursday, May 29, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...MAY...WINDING DOWN!


MAYA ANGELOU passed away today. What a wonderful woman she was. She was inspirational to so many, especially women. I did not know much about MAYA ANGELOU until I heard Janet Jackson recite Phenomenal Woman in the film she was starring in with Tupac Shakur. I was mesmerized by that poem. So much so that I had to find out who wrote it...after I found out that Janet didn't. I quickly added her to my short list (at that time) of favorite poets. Nikki Giovanni and Langston Hughes and then MAYA ANGELOU. I also loved reading Kahil Gibran. It seems even then, I was always searching for something even though I had God at a very young age. Its funny how you can have something but if you don't go deep within and connect with it...you will not know you have the greatest treasure already. MAYA ANGELOU leaves behind a legacy...but we all leave something...some of us just leave a smaller footprint than others, but we are all equally important and treasured by God.
MAYA ANGELOU...Rest In Peace and thank you for being a woman of integrity, love, and peace. Most of all we thank you for being a Phenomenal Woman indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment