Saturday, May 10, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME...MAY...ONE THIRD THE WAY!

Today was one of those days that makes you reflect on human mortality. We never know when or how our end will come. Time always seems short to those of us on the outside looking in. When a family member passes away, whether you were close or not doesn't matter, it still affects you in one way or another. Under these circumstances, which can not be mentioned to protect the privacy of those who were a bit closer to this family member, I have learned an important lesson...APPRECIATE those in your family now because after they are gone...its too late. APPRECIATE your friends as well. I learned this valuable lesson then as well, so I will consider this as a reminder. When you delay communication...phone calls, text messages, greeting cards, etc...we think we have all the time in the world to catch up. We think...there's always tomorrow. But tomorrow does not always come for our friends, our family members, or ourselves. Our time on earth is like a drip of water in the ocean...learn to APPRECIATE people while they are alive because tomorrow may be too late. Too late to say I love you, too late to apologize, too late to forgive. Don't let the past keep you from your future, your destiny. APPRECIATE the time you have with family and friends...you may not always get along or agree, but just imagine how you will feel if they are no longer in your life. Due to circumstances beyond my control I was estranged from my family so I never had the chance to really get to know this family member, but somehow my heart still grieves. I will always cherish our last conversation a few months ago. I APPRECIATE all my friends who prayed for this family member and asked if prayer had been answered every single day until it was answered and all was well. I APPRECIATE those who rejoiced with me that God heard our prayers and this family member was here another 6-7 months. God is good!
I APPRECIATE everyone who is reading my posts. I hope you are taking your own 365 word journey, or at least reflecting on your life this 2014. Not your past, the past is dead...we can never get that back...always look to our future, our destiny. Stay well...stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment