Thursday, January 16, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME

I find myself becoming more and more DILIGENT over the past 16 days. We are officially past the halfway point of January. I feel great. I find I don't have to look for words at all because each day...the seem to find me. Being DILIGENT is a bit new to me in many ways. How often do we start things never to complete them. I have a blanket I am knitting on a loom...almost finished but not quite, a jigsaw puzzle sitting in a vicarious place that is technically in my way. Then there are numerous books I need to finish, and not to mention the countless movies on Netflix I have started and never finished. But still I am feeling DILIGENT. I have afterall exercised everyday since December 31st...if I don't, I have to double up the next day...wooo....talk about incentive to Just Do It!. By being DILIGENT I know God will give me the grace to complete many, if not all the projects I have started, by the years end. I find myself having tunnel vision...focusing on the small light at the end of the tunnel...which as time passes will get closer and closer and closer just like it does when I peer into the tunnel and watch an upcoming train from afar....the light is but a tiny dot the size of the head of a pin. Does not even look like it would ever be attached to something as big as a train....but the train is DILIGENT in its journey to the platform and though it looks like it will take forever to get there...it doesn't. The word DILIGENT is described as...Having or showing care and conscientiousness in one's work or duties. The online dictionary which always uses the word in a sentence says...many caves are located only after a DILIGENT search. I like that because I have many "caves and caverns" in my life that I need to be DILIGENT in finding. I will find me...what I like...what I want...and what I need. Not at all do I wish to be selfish...but there are times when you need to be DILIGENT and put yourself first so that you can be there 100% for others.

Do you have something that you have been putting off that you need to be DILIGENT about completing? Its a new year and hey if you woke up this morning...it was even a new day! So step out on faith, be DILIGENT and see how many things you can complete in this new year. If by chance its only one or two things...just think how great you are going to feel!

The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the DILIGENT is richly supplied. ~Proverbs 13:4

A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the DILIGENT makes rich. ~Proverbs 10:4

No comments:

Post a Comment