Friday, January 31, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME

I was reading my Power Thoughts Devotional today and was mediating on what I had read. I have often heard people say to one another...I FORGIVE you. or him or her...but I am not going to forget! FORGIVE and forget go hand in hand. It is impossible to FORGIVE someone is you can not forget how they wronged you. Likewise...you will never FORGET if you can not FORGIVE. This is especially true if you are married or in a relationship. [Love] keeps no record of being wronged ~ 1 Corinthians 13:5 NLT. There was even a television program called...FORGIVE and forget which gave you the choice to FORGIVE the person who brought you on the show and if you could forget you would be on the other side of the door when they opened it. I only watched the show three times but two of those times no one was on the other side of the door and the person seeking forgiveness was crushed. What if God did not ever FORGIVE anything that we did? How disheartening would that be? The Bible says to FORGIVE seventy times seven. The decision to FORGIVE someone is a choice. Forgetting is an even bigger choice. Always be quick to FORGIVE and to forget. Is there someone or something you need to FORGIVE and forget? Do so today...you will feel a whole lot better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment