Saturday, January 11, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE DAY AT A TIME

Today was a very RELAXING day for me. I didn't plan it...in fact I didn't plan anything. Sure I had a few things I wanted to accomplish and I did in fact manage to complete 1 or 2 of those tasks. What I loved about today was my perfect RELAXING day....just became. I woke up at 4.13 am to distant thunder...and because I always forget about the "pretend" storms in my area...and don't get me wrong...I am so grateful that they are pretend...by that I mean you prepare for a big storm and you get nothing but one rumble of thunder in the distance...but anyway I got up and went around unplugging things in case a big storm blew in. I must say when I woke up at 8.14 am I was a bit surprised to find out that I had slept through a tornado warning due to expire 16 minutes after I woke up. Ok I know you are thinking that not one thing I have mentioned sounded RELAXING at all...and it wasn't. what was RELAXING is that at 8.26 am the tornado warning was cancelled and as the meteorologist said...4 mins early...2 seconds later a severe thunderstorm watch went into effect or warning...who remembers...but I did hear thunder twice and I think I may have even seen lightening in the almost pitch darkness of the room. The most wonderful RELAXING moment was when I lay back down in the bed...muted the tv and just laid there listening to the hard rain. It rarely rains hard enough where you can actually hear it so I am often reduced to my sound machine which can really sound fake if I am not tired enough, because of the short loop it rotates or my apps which of course are fake but sound almost like the real thing...my favourite by the way...Rain on a Car...sounds even better than Rain on a Tin Roof...maybe because it sounds like you are inside the car...now who doesn't love that...smiles. I was RELAXING so well that I did not get out of bed until 10.20 and even then it was begrudgingly. I was RELAXING so much that when I finally made my breakfast and sat down to eat it, I realized it was 4.15 pm! Wow talk about a lazy day....did I say that???? No I wasn't lazy, I was RELAXING...and in a very big way! Between you and me...tomorrows word really needs to be....productive...but who knows what tomorrow will bring...I only hope, no matter what it may be....that I find it very RELAXING...smiles. 

"A little nonsense Now & Then is cherished by the wisest men"~Roald Dahl, Charlie & The Glass Elevator

No comments:

Post a Comment