Thursday, January 30, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME

My word for the day is just bursting to come out! I could not keep it in if I wanted to. This song describes it all! HAPPY! Usually I feel content, more or less...or tired...sometimes I am agitated...full of joy...thankful...etc. You get my point. But today...today I am HAPPY! It all started with just seeing a bus pass by on the street near my window. Yes that simple. My whole state literally shut down for 2 days (far better than the last time which was 7) over less than 2 inches of snow...so I wasn't sure if I would be able to go out because the buses were on a modified schedule. I stood in front of that window for 20 minutes, but when I saw that bus go by...I was so HAPPY I could not help but jump around! Then there was the warmth of the sun on my face...delightful! The buses were slow, late and almost empty but I did not care...I was HAPPY. On the way home I waited with a group of fellow commuters for 45 minutes for a bus that should have came less than 5 minutes after I arrived at the bus stop. But you know what? It didn't matter because I was HAPPY! I came home cooked one of my favourite dinners which included a salad with boiled egg and homemade dressing...recipe from my childhood...and I was HAPPY! God was so great to me in so many ways that filled me with joy and also made me feel so HAPPY...I almost didn't know what to do with myself....so I danced! Yes indeed I did...to the song HAPPY....why...because I am...and I intend to be HAPPY tomorrow as well. Who wouldn't be...the very last day of January! That thought alone makes me HAPPY! Smiles. One month closer to Spring and as I always say...February, no matter what it brings...is short....smiles. So today and everyday...stay HAPPY....find some wonderful thing to do on Friday that makes you HAPPY or even better yet...make someone else HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment