Tuesday, January 28, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME

Today I found myself being upset. Not really with anyone in particular, but mostly with myself. I never feel like I have enough time. I was feeling there was a leak somewhere. I realized that I was not really wasting time...but my days are terribly out of BALANCE. When things are out of BALANCE you feel off kilter...at least I do. Each day I have a certain amount of things I want to complete and although I don't stick to a strict schedule because I allow myself some wiggle room, I was still feeling I short changed myself at the end of my day. I realized all I need is BALANCE in my life. All work and no play is definitely no fun.  
The dictionary describes BALANCE as an even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady. Because I am off BALANCE I did not feel either upright or steady. Perhaps I will make a chart and spread some of these tasks out a bit and enjoy my life in between all the things I feel I must accomplish. My mentor called me from out of the blue tonight and if you are reading this...like you said you would...you know who you are...smiles. I asked him what he had been up to and being the busy business man I have always know him to be...of course working hard...but what stood out...is when he said having fun. I need to have fun...whatever I choose to do that makes me smile. But I will leave that word for another day...smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment