Friday, January 24, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME

Sometimes things happen just so God can show us life really isn't so bad...for instance...although I am never COMPLAINING when it's way too hot, I always find myself COMPLAINING when I feel it is too cold because I don't like the cold one bit. Now cold to me can be in the 50's. My mother often asks me why is that when I grew up with cold Winters? To this I have no answer except I didn't like it then...and I was always COMPLAINING about the cold, and especially about the endless cloudy days. If only it had occurred to me that I could escape the bitter cold then...believe me I would have. But like most people get...I was stuck...in a rut. But now that the temps keep dipping below freezing even in the deep South...if I am to be content where I am at...I am really going to have to stop COMPLAINING about the cold weather. All I have to do is consider the fact that now that the temperature has dipped down into the single digits, that the 50's and even the 40's look pretty darn good...smiles. My COMPLAINING doesn't change not one thing...the thermometer does not go up one degree. I may not have central heating but I am warm and toasty. I am blessed to be indoors and not outside or in a shelter like many people. God is so good to me and for that, I am eternally grateful.
So today I made up my mind to stop COMPLAINING about the cold weather. It is January and it is Winter...everything has a season. My 365 word journey is my season. My time to study and be promoted on my life skills...not my works...for no man, or woman, can please God by our works...but it is time for me to gain knowledge. To learn to be the me God created me to be. To do that I must learn...even if it is one word at a time.

The word COMPLAINING means to express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event. Synonyms for COMPLAINING are protest, grumble, whine ( I do this one quite well I will admit), and make a fuss among others. But the point is we all know how God felt about those who were COMPLAINING in the Bible. There are far to many scriptures to list but if you have some things you need to stop COMPLAINING about...this will give you a start to take that step in the right direction.  Complaining...What does the Bible say?  

No comments:

Post a Comment