Sunday, January 12, 2014

365 WORDS...ONE WORD AT A TIME

My one word journey is not really a spiritual one, but many of my words have a spiritual meaning because I am spirit as well as flesh. I do intend to walk in the spirit and not in the flesh for my earthly body...my flesh is but dust and one day will return to the earth...where as my spirit shall live on forever. So perhaps my journey in a way is spiritual. I thought today of SILENCE. SILENCE can be wonderful...SILENCE can be fearful...or peaceful...the beauty of SILENCE is that anything can fill it which can also be the dark side of SILENCE. Loneliness, despair, and worry are just a few of the words that like to try and creep into SILENCE...if we allow it. I have found that the best way to keep the negative words out of my SILENCE is to inwardly be filled with lots of positive words...even SILENCE when quietly filled, will not allow room for anything else to push its way in. I will learn to embrace SILENCE as a wonderful thing, useful in and of itself...there is no need to fill it with sounds that I do not wish to hear...like my tv which lately has been on just for sound to fill the void...but my spirit seeks SILENCE so it ends up on mute...what is the point of having a muted tv that sits behind me where I can't even see it...good question. SILENCE has been called "Golden"...why? Because SILENCE is like a treasure.


The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The skies display His craftsmanship.

Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make Him known.

They speak without a sound or word;
their voice is never heard.

Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
and their words to all the world.

Psalm 19: 1-4


No comments:

Post a Comment